Senior DevOps Architect
We’re working hard to disrupt the high fashion industry with a mobile game that includes ecommerce features, backed by an angel investor, advised by world renowned industry experts, and partnered with a high-tech, international retail partner.
During our two years we have worked on an inspiring project in the luxury fashion sector. After spotting a gap in the market, we've collaborated with the 'who's who' of luxury brands and top flight fashion editors and have designed and developed a fashion game, with the aim of empowering fashion lovers and revolutionising the way that people shop and discover. The game is due to launch at the end of 2018 and therefore we are looking for talented people to join our team and be part of the game’s success story.
Our backend systems need to deal with scaling to ingest millions of events including product information, prices, images, and in-game activity supporting both our iOS and Android apps with authentication, analytics and tracking, I18n, and core game logic.
You need to have a keen eye for detail, know what and when to automate, and will work with Android, iOS, and backend developers to help scale, and secure our systems.
- Designing, building, and deploying solutions in collaboration with other developers
- Owning OKRs and defining how best to deliver on those metrics
- Writing, reviewing, and deleting code (a red diff is the best diff!)
- Helping less experienced team members better understand the environments they're deploying to, and defining the processes we use to deliver solutions to our users
- Working closely with the CTO to shape both our infrastructure and our processes
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Remote friendly
- Flexible working hours
- Ride to work scheme and more!
- Minimum of five years professional software development experience
- Experience running high traffic systems (millions on monthly users, spikes of 100,000 users from social media etc.)
- Proficiency with multiple programming languages
- Expertise with Git, shell scripting, and *nix environments
- Production experience deploying complex systems to AWS, with technologies like Ansible, Docker, and Terraform
- SQL and NoSQL database experience (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis etc.)
- Familiarity with CI/CD (ideally CircleCI, CodeDeploy)
- Security expertise (encryption, use of VPNs, IAM, CloudTrail etc
- Strong communication skills
- You love building elastically scalable, self-healing, highly available systems!
- And you're a considerate coder: you comment your code, write tests, and only merge working code.
- Experience deploying web applications (ideally via continuous deployment)
- Experience with ChatOps
- Interest in building a chaos monkey