Senior DevOps Architect - up to £85,000 per annum
Closing date: 4th August 2019
We’re working hard to disrupt the fashion industry with a mobile platform that incorporates social media, content, e-commerce and gamification, hosting millions of luxury fashion enthusiasts. The company is funded by a world class investor, we have a leadership team of world renowned industry experts, and are partnered with one of the largest and fastest growing international luxury multi-brand online retailers, as well as a host of A-List fashion influencers. Our aim is to empower fashion lovers and revolutionise the way that people discover, shop for, talk about and engage with brands.
We're growing our DevOps function in the company. Therefore, the focus will be on helping us build out a scalable, secure cloud infrastructure that supports the kind of innovation and experimentation we have ahead of us. Historically, we’ve relied on PaaS solutions like Heroku and Firebase, we’re now moving to AWS to avoid having everything running on the public internet (security is important to us and our partners).
We're building new features to gauge interest from people who'll play the game, which requires rapid iteration, prototyping, and throw away experiments that we'll deploy using feature flags. At the same time we have commercial deals in place that require revenue sharing mechanisms that have to be reliable and robust.
This means a mix of production-grade, scalable services potentially with SLAs for our partners, and lower-risk prototype work where we want a project team to deploy some piece of software as quickly as possible.
All of the above requires use of cloud infrastructure, automation, and adherence to best practices, for example, immutable infrastructure as code.
We're a mix of on site and remote team but being able to travel into London will be an advantage. When it comes round to brainstorming, it's really handy getting around a whiteboard together.
What’s in it for you?
You'll be joining an incredible team of colleagues, who are forward-thinking, innovative, open minded and interested in exploring new ways of working. Our teams operate in a lean and agile fashion and are obsessed with creating memorable experiences and breaking new ground through constant reflection and experimentation.
Why you’ll succeed
Our growth plans are supported by a low structure environment that is high on autonomy. We’re proud of our supportive and focussed working environment, which an emphasis on collaboration, team-working and shared knowledge. It's fast and fun. We’d like you to join our success journey and help us map the way.
What you’ll be doing
· Designing, building, and deploying solutions in collaboration with other developers
· Owning OKRs and defining how best to deliver on those metrics
· Writing, reviewing, and deleting code (a red diff is the best diff!)
· Helping less experienced team members better understand the environments they're deploying to, and defining the processes we use to deliver solutions to our users
· Working closely with the CTO to shape both our infrastructure and our processes
Who you are
· Minimum of five years professional software development experience
· Experience running high traffic systems (millions on monthly users, spikes of 100,000 users from social media etc.)
· Proficiency with multiple programming languages
· Expertise with Git, shell scripting, and *nix environments
· Production experience deploying complex systems to AWS, with technologies like Ansible, Docker, and Terraform
· SQL and NoSQL database experience (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis etc.)
· Familiarity with CI/CD (ideally CircleCI, CodeDeploy)
· Security expertise (encryption, use of VPNs, IAM, CloudTrail etc.)
· Strong communication skills
· You love building elastically scalable, self-healing, highly available systems!
· And you're a considerate coder: you comment your code, write tests, and only merge working code.
Nice to have
· Experience deploying web applications (ideally via continuous deployment)
· Experience with ChatOps
· Interest in building a chaos monkey
Submitted on: 2019-06-17T14:16:55 Europe/London
Posting date: 2019-06-18T16:21:08 Europe/London